All you need to know about the court marriage procedure

What Is Court Marriage?

Court marriage offers an alternative to a traditional wedding. They are hassle-free and the primary choice of many couples in today’s fast-paced life. In this procedure, couples belonging to different caste, nationality, and religion can get their marriage registered in the presence of a marriage registrar and three witnesses. MyAdvo helps you with every step of court marriage. It has court marriage experts who will guide you through the whole process.  

Two persons, belonging to a different caste or different religion are eligible for court marriage provided they do not have a spouse who is alive. Apart from that, the groom must be at least 21 years of age, and the bride must be at least 18 years of age. The parties should not be related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act.

Step-by-step Procedure of Court Marriage

  • First of all, the involved parties will be given a checklist of documents along with a questionnaire for recording your details. Once the questionnaire is duly filled up, MyAdvo sends an intended marriage notice to the marriage registrar.
  • The Marriage Officer must have jurisdiction in the district where one of the parties must have stayed for a minimum of 30 days before the notice was filed. Both the parties need to submit separate affidavits to the marriage registrar that includes their date of birth, present marital status, and a declaration that they are not related to one another within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act. Once these documents are checked and finalized, the marriage registrar will file the intended marriage notice.  
  • Any person, under section 7, can raise a complaint against the marriage. The complaint must be raised within 30 days of the publication of the notice. The marriage registrar will then give a chance to both parties to present their case. If the reason is found as real, the marriage cannot be solemnized. However, any of the involved parties can appeal against the decision of the marriage registrar. The appeal has to be filed in the district court that is under the jurisdiction of the marriage registrar.
  • If there are no objections, or the objection has been removed, after 30 days of notice publication, on a suitable time decided upon mutual agreement, both bride and groom along with the same three witnesses will have to appear before the marriage officer to sign a declaration and get the marriage solemnized. After the declaration is signed, the marriage officer will issue the certificate. It has to be signed by the parties and three witnesses. Afterwards, the marriage registrar will issue the marriage certificate to the bride and groom. The entire process takes up to 60 days. MyAdvo makes this court marriage procedure very easy. That helps your beautiful marriage to be done. To know the details of the required steps and documents you can also check the above-mentioned link. MyAdvo has been considered as an expert in this field and for the whole procedure you don’t have to worry about anything.