Fascinating Facts about Modern Tipper Lorries and Why You Should Rent Instead of Buy
by admin | July 9, 2018 7:31 am
As one of the most integral, fundamental sectors in our entire economy, the construction industry is continuing to expand and reach new heights each year:
- The cumulative market value of the construction niche recently surpassed £100 billion and last year’s output increased to roughly £164 million.
- As of the present moment, there are nearly 300,000 official construction companies spread from coast to coast and even more independent contractors offering their services throughout the UK.
- From a vocational standpoint, approximately 2.7 million Britons are employed by domestic construction firms, and this figure is forecasted to exceed three million by the year 2022.
In light of these facts and figures, it’s also important to note that somewhere between 34% to 40% of all construction projects completed during the past 12 months involved repair, maintenance, or upkeep, which underscores the pivotal role of contemporary tipper lorries and dump trucks.
Interesting Information Regarding Tipper Lorries
Modernised tipper lorries are heavily relied upon for material haulage needs, waste disposal requirements, and the delivery of aggregates in both the commercial and residential landscape but here are some beguiling bits of info about these large-scale trucks that you probably weren’t aware of:
- The earliest iterations of tipper lorries can actually be traced back to well before the first internal combustion engine came about. In fact, this type of equipment dates back to the days of horse-drawn carriages, when tradesmen and builders began utilising latched box carts to quickly load and unload various materials.
- However, this all changed in 1859, when a French engineer manufactured the first-ever spark-ignition engine that could be operated continuously with enough petrol. During the subsequent decades, construction experts began modifying flatbed trucks with intricate rope-and-pulley systems to streamline the unloading process.
- It didn’t take long for rapid advancements to take effect as various manufacturers began experimenting with gravity-assisted tippers during the early 1900s to replace the labourious, manually-operated unloading mechanisms.
Fast forward to the 21st century and our tipper lorries are now more advanced than ever before with customisable dump beds, augmented hydraulic systems, robust truck frames, and a wide range of additional inclusions that have reimagined the ease and simplicity with which we can perform various undertakings.
If You Need a Tipper Lorry, Be Sure to Partner with an Equipment Supplier
If avail yourself of a comprehensive truck hire with a long-standing local equipment provider such as the Graham Churchill Plant organisation, for example, you’ll gain instant access to an intuitive, individualised service:
- Licenced, highly trained drivers to help you complete any type of project
- Inclusive disposal of all materials from your worksite including soil, aggregates, landscaping waste, demolition refuse, general domestic waste, and anything else you might need help with
- Straightforward hire agreements for a single truck or multiple construction vehicles to accommodate the full scope of your initiative
- Liability protections and site-specific assurances to protect you from undue expenses
And, although it should go without saying, the decision to reserve a short-term rental is significantly more economical than tying yourself down to a multi-year financing contract for a brand-new machine so take some time out of your day to meet with a local supplier and begin evaluating your needs.
- local equipment provider such as the Graham Churchill Plant organisation: https://www.grahamchurchillplant.co.uk/tippers/miltonkeynes
Source URL: http://incredit.me/fascinating-facts-about-modern-tipper-lorries-and-why-you-should-rent-instead-of-buy/